Sunday, March 6, 2011

have been off, trying a new start

Strayed off track. So my self-motivational talk of the past few weeks has been just that - talk. No, I'm not going to be hard on myself, I just regret that I can't have my cake and eat it too - that if I'd stuck to it I could weigh less, but I don't weigh less.

What happened was - I got busy at work and didn't have the chance to go to the grocery store. Then I got muddled in my thinking and quit Kingdoms of Camelot but started playing Farmville and City of Wonder and didn't have time to go to the grocery store or plan my meals. Lost in a haze with no room left for the mental capacity to plan ahead.

The fixes - Well, this week I am working in a different location where hopefully I'll be more able to take time for myself. The initial storm of returning to Farmville and City of Wonder has calmed and will have to calm as I devote myself more to this week's work, so I will plant crops that take over a day to come to fruition and leave Farmville for a while. And I must exercise, and I've been saying that for a while. One of the things that's been holding me up is kind of funny when you look at it from the outside - I want to itemize my exercise goals in order to start working on exercising, but I can't find my exercise planner that I started in January.

I have enjoyed Russell Stover easter candy but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. I have enjoyed KFC Original Recipe but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. I have been eating in restaurants and candy and overall have been left feeling a bit sludgy and crying out for crisp vegetables like celery! In the mornings I'm still too full from yesterday to care a thing about breakfast.

So for those reasons I'm kind of excited to get back on the meal plan. I figure now that I tried what I was missing and didn't like it too much, I'll be more interested in my home-cooking and non-chocolate choices. But I'm also kind of underenthused about my meal plan this week - couldn't find anything I looked forward to making and eating. Because of my busy schedule, I'm eating Lean Cuisines for a lot of lunches - and I typically prefer to avoid frozen dinners because they are unfulfilling.

I did purchase (with my tons of $$) a Cooking Light and an Eating Healthy (?) magazine. All-in-all I've come to see health & fitness magazines as unproductive and confusing. The cover titles lure you in with "Fabulous ab moves to firm that tummy!" but inside it's just more of the same that you already knew. But anyway, I thought maybe I'd just copy some recipes into my new meal plan book.

I think that's pretty much it on the diet front. I won't touch on all the rest of the crap I *could* write about the last few weeks. Except to say - :-/

4 comments:

wannabe former fatgirl said...

I was off track this past week too, I sprained my ankle and then got strep. I gained two pounds this week but hey we all fall off the wagon sometimes

Erin said...

Hey Hallie,

I just wanted to check in on you. I hope you're feeling better these days. Do try and remember that you have come a longgg way and it's never too late to get back on track. You just have to believe in yourself!

Jodie said...

Hey there Hallie! I'm blogging over at www.biggerthanababyelephant.blogspot.com now... Hope you'll come over and follow me!
Jodie (formerly of theoverweightlife.blogspot.com)

Katie J ♥ said...

Just checking in on you. Been a little while since you posted.