Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jan 20, 2011 weigh-in

Well here I am this morning - weigh-in day at ediets, and I'm waiting to see if I can weigh a little less when I get on the scale. I got on the scale right after I woke up and wasn't satisfied with my result. There is one main reason to want to weigh less - to show progress - on the charts, in my head. But there are 2 reasons not to - 1) because the less I weigh this weigh-in, the harder it will be to weigh 2 pounds less next weigh-in and that will be discouraging and 2) just that it doesn't matter too much what my weight is right now, a half pound here or there, I'm really just trying to learn to stick to the plan over the long haul. And I don't want to be waiting here in bed all morning, I'd like to get up and get some stuff done. I've been barely making it through my to-do list this week while I've been unemployed. BARELY. So I'm just going to go now and see what my weight is.

233.

*big grin*

I knew that I'd wish I'd done measurements last week so I could see real results there.

Mmmmmmmmmotivated!

Today's diet-related goals - (1)stick to the eating plan (2) 20-minutes BFL-style interval on the elliptical, and do my simple strength program and (3) create next week's meal plan, print it out, and go to the grocery store.

Also email my brother - we were going to be workout motivation buddies. I have been doing my exercise as I've wanted - it's been easy enough because I'm not working and Pilates and yoga I can do here at home in the morning before I do anything else (since I've been waking up so so early) and the gym workout is only 20 minutes and though it's hard, it's brief, it's easy to live through! It's very empowering, if you have a fear of your physical limits to push at the very peak of your limits for just 1 minute, and live through it, and feel better when it's done, and watch your peak performance get better over a short and a long period of time. The Body For Life program.

3 comments:

Crys said...

I'm kicking myself for not taking measurements too. You'd probably be pleasantly surprised if you were!

Crys said...

I'm kicking myself for not taking measurements too. You'd probably be pleasantly surprised if you were!

Vegan Chick Pea said...

Great job and great plan!