Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jan 23, 2011 - 235 pounds

Just so you know, I did stick to my plan yesterday and dropped some of that water weight from Friday. These days have mostly been great for me. I get up really early in the morning and if it's a yoga or Pilates day, I do the yoga or Pilates quietly in the living room before dawn, usually. Then I make coffee and breakfast and then sit down on the sofa and plan my day in the Franklin-Covey way. I have identified the following categories of things on my to-do list - Diet Program, Work, Household/Living Maintenance, Self/Study, and Personal Grooming. It makes me feel so organized. It has taken a lot of effort and time actually to make it through the to-do list and I really still feel like there's so far I haven't gotten. But I have made some progress in my reading, which is important, and I've stuck to my diet, which is important, and I've gotten on top of my bills and financial situation, but I still want to buy this $300 reclining chair from Value City anyway. I have acquired some items that make me happy in the past month or so, and if I got that chair, I could just about realize my dream of making this purple office/room more of the study I've always wanted to make it, where I could read, work, draft, paint, peruse the internet, or just gaze out the window.

Anyway, then I go to bed early, usually. I'm trying to keep that up so that this week's 8 a.m. workcalls won't hurt me like they usually do. I need to stay on top of my time to make it through the next 2 weeks.



Here is the Pilates book that shapes the program I do. I don't necessarily recommend it because I don't know whether you'd be able to understand the movements. I don't have any trouble, but I don't know whether that's because I had some exposure to many of the movements from earlier exercise videos. I'm still not sure I do it the way the author recommends - she recommends against pushing yourself to perform bigger movements or trying to 'feel a burn' - that's not as important as maintaining proper form to *slowly* progress. After only 3 or 4 sessions, though I feel some struggle while doing some of the moves, I no longer really feel anything after I'm done, and it makes me feel like I'm not getting anything out of it, but her directions say not to feel that way. Still, I went ahead and added some new reps and new moves to my sequence - which I hated doing because I already feel like it's going to take forever to get through (although it's actually pretty brief).

No comments: