Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 19, 240.5

I am back from my trip. I stayed gone longer than I thought I was going to. I was not on a diet at all. I ate candy and did not track or monitor or moderate eating. Again, makes me worry that I'm not going to be able to maintain on my own, without the meal plan. The thing is, I think it's easier to stick to a plan when you're working. Special occasions call for "special occasion" eating. You can't go to the beach and not get the captain's platter because you love oysters and scallops and fish and that's the only way you'll get all 3. When you're working, it's not a "special occasion."

I knew I was in trouble when I ran across the Russell Stover store in South Carolina. I bought a whole box of maple chews. I finally opened the box yesterday and ate several last night, in a "better eat them now while I'm not officially on the diet."

So... yeah. I may have to get some professional guidance on how to self-regulate my eating, when the time comes.

But frankly, I'm looking forward to returning to the meal plan. I wonder, though, how much of my food has gone bad since I left 5 days ago...

I'm up to 240.5 - not bad really -could have been worse. I'm glad I got down to 237 before I left!

Had a great time! So glad I left - I was feeling the need for adventure, and this helped to satusify it, until I have enough money saved for my next great adventure.

1 comment:

jo said...

Welcome home!

I went to South Carolina a few years back for the first time ever and absolutey fell in love! A get away is a good thing.