Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 223

My weight's still up, but now I know why, and if I'm right it'll be back down in a couple of days, and now, damn, I need Midol.

Hey, last night I went to a birthday celebration for my roommate, which I did purely out of appreciation and respect for her and the person throwing the shindig. I was concerned to think that, if I didn't go, what if no one was there. So it was just to show my face. I couldn't eat, couldn't drink, couldn't hear them, couldn't bring myself to shout... I sat at the table where they were having drinks and big tasty looking sandwiches and appetizers and grabbed not even one bite.

Sometimes I remember what it was like to just be able to go out when I wanted to. Wednesday nights used to be 1/2-price martini nights, and if I thought about it, I could just go and get a couple flavored martinis. I could just go to the Landmark Diner and get whatever seemed appealing to me on the menu - waffles, turkey and dressing... I haven't done that in months.

Another thing I've wondered as people get sick around me - I haven't been sick since I started this thing. I wondered if the nutrition I get from the meal plan - it probably is way more fruits and veggies than I ever used to get from my life of restaurant dining - is protecting me from illness.

Of course, you know what I've just done. I am bound to get sick, right now.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Here's hoping you don't get sick...knocking on wood for you! Thanks for the comment on my blog!