Thursday, June 18, 2009

First Entry

Hello! I'm uncharacteristically excited about this new blog. I'm new to Blogger, so bear with me, maybe.

Ok, so, to get right to the point I've started losing weight. On March 28, my frustration with my body's shape and various little miseries got excessive enough that I joined ediets again. On that day my starting weight was 285 pounds. Looking through my diary, I can tell you I had gotten up into the 290s at some point, so 285 was actually down, somehow, from some time before.

In about 10 weeks I've lost 30 pounds, and my first long-term goal is to lose 65 pounds and get down to 220.

I expect I'll go more into details about my personal history and my experience with this program. For right now, I'm sure readers are really more interested to know what works for me, and what doesn't. I've been blogging at ediets.com, but they're not really well set-up for it, and I wondered if I mightn't have a better blogging experience at a site like blogger and collect Googlers.

Since I've had some degree of success this time, I thought maybe others might be inspired by my success, as I was inspired by some of the other blogs I found on the internet. I'm sorry that I didn't get this thing started sooner in the process, when the pounds were dripping off me like butter in the sun. Of course, I realize now is when it gets a little harder, the weight comes off more slowly, bringing less daily motivation from the scale, and requiring me to put in even more effort in terms of exercise, and learning how to maintain this lifestyle with out an externally-derived regimen so that one day I can keep myself thin on my own. THAT will be the hard part.

So this'll do for a first entry. Believe it or not, I actually am all set now to got get on the exercise bike for 20-30 minutes. Maybe it's bad to do before bedtime, but that's when it's getting done, what can I say. It just sucks that the A/C goes off at night down at the clubhouse.

No comments: