Saturday, January 9, 2010

help for a fellow blogger, and acorn squash recipe

Anyone have any knowledgeable advice to offer purple_moonflower? Seems like every time she posts she complains that she is doing all the right things but she is only maintaining or gaining. :-(

As for what I'm rehearsing - I'm the light board operator for a very cool black light show - some mimes and puppeteers create wonderful magic using black light effects. I've seen the show before and it's fantastic. However, all I do is sit at the light board and wait in the dark for my next cue, and I'm already getting sleepy.

As for the acorn squash recipe -

Poke holes in an acorn squash and stick it in the microwave for about 5 minutes.

While that cooks, chop 2 1/2 oz firm tofu into small cubes, and mix it in a bowl with 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1 1/2 tbsp walnuts, 1 1/2 tbsp raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Let the squash cool a couple minutes, then cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Stuff with the applesauce mixture. Put in a casserole dish and cover loosely (or I just put saran wrap over it) and microwave another 5 minutes until done.

My recipe adds 3 tbsp (raw) of (cooked) brown rice as a side dish, or I suppose it would also be good in the applesauce mixture. The exact measurements are approximated.

Exquisite.

2 comments:

Ak said...

I'm saving this one to try!

purple_moonflower said...

Thanks Hallie! Hopefully I can get some advice that would work for once! Ugh!!