Thursday, May 11, 2023

May 11, yay!

 You ready for this?  It's a good one!  314.1.  Even though dinner was more food than I could manage yesterday.  I'm thrilled.  I'm not sure if this is Day 7 or what but that's 9 pounds down and under any weight I can remember being in recent history.  Now to get to 299 pounds, and then I will feel like I have really made some progress.

I am not exercising and yesterday I had mostly drinks with artificial sweeteners in them, 1 0-calorie energy drink and a couple Diet Cheerwines.  Today I will try to drink more water but yay.

Now I am thinking I should go another week before I have a cheat day.  Of course Mother's Day is Sunday and going to Azteca to eat is usually a thing.  I need to prepare myself mentally that I might not lose another whole 9 pounds in my second week, and it is imperative not to lose track for a while.  But if I stick to my meal plans, preparing and packing and washing the dishes every night, I can get through this.

Just looked up "How big is 10 pounds of body fat" and learned that it's about the size of a bowling ball.  However, I also learned that I probably haven't lost 10 pounds of fat, but rather mostly muscle and water, which are denser.  (Also I started my period, which may offer interpretations of last week's numbers)

I was wondering when I'd start to feel like my clothes were getting looser.  When I'd feel more comfortable folding at the waist.  Etc.  What will happen to the "umbilical hernia".

Anyway, I will spend today sticking to the diet and feeling brilliant about weighing less than who knows when!  Too long!  In September I will turn 50.  *If* I lose 2 pounds per week, a big hope, I'll be 280 pounds by then.  Maybe then I can get back in the genie to focus.  

No comments: