Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 18, 317

 The past two days I've had to rush out to work in the morning and was stalled at 317.6 so I didn't blog.  This morning my first time on the scale it seemed settled at 318.  After lying around all morning, I stood on the scale again and it seemed lower, 317.  At this rate, the 313 I was celebrating a few days ago seems like it will take forever to achieve.  It feels like this period of time that I was hoping to get several pounds knocked out before I get busy with work or life (risking regain) again will not have created the safety cushion I was expecting.  

Nevertheless I have managed to stick to incorporating this meal planning into my lifestyle.  Well, I feel like it's a labor, still, something I have to propel myself through, the meal planning, the grocery list making, the grocery store going, and the meal prep and meal packing.  The grocery trip has cost about $150 each time so far but I have hope that it may eventually reduce or that I will see that not dining out and not buying candy I might overall be spending less on food?  I should check and see on that.

Anyway, I was hungry yesterday and hoped for some loss on the scale today.  Nevertheless, it's been pretty easy to stick to it so far.  As long as I know I have a food plan, it is pretty easy to decline offers of other food, when my parents cook, when there are snacks at work (actually haven't been tested on that too much yet) and yesterday when I went to the movies and smelled the popcorn it was tough not to get some.  I considered getting a snack since I hadn't had mine yet, but I saw they didn't have anything healthy, no granola bar or nothing, which is fine I guess, I made it through the movie without thinking about it, and a granola bar might not have been as good as the snack I had at home, a huge, delicious strawberry protein smoothie.

It's been 2 weeks and I'm only down 6 pounds?  Worst start-of-diet results ever.  I should incorporate exercise, though, it would surely help!

No comments: