Saturday, May 6, 2023

May 6 - 322.7 again :-(

 Well, I got plenty of sleep, at least I got more of it, last night, but unfortunately still not the scale drop I was looking forward to.  I have a digital scale, so I think it has certain intervals it reports and its readings round off to the nearest of those intervals.  But still, by the third day on the diet I would have expected a fun drop.  I really wanted to lose ten pounds in the first week.  And I know I have not been sleeping enough but I would have thought maybe after getting sleep 2 or 3 pounds would have dropped away like candlewax.  It's too early to be too disappointed, of course.  

I have been drinking a lot more water and a lot less of anything else.  I did have one Diet Cheerwine yesterday.  And at night I have Sleepytime tea with honey.

It's Day 4 so today I move on to my next set of meals.  I stayed up last night cooking a bean and corn casserole.  It mixes bean corn and zucchini into a consistency of tomato sauce and milk and egg, which turns pink, so when I poured the whole thing out into a bowl it looks like vomit, and it probably won't be as appealing cold.  But it should be edible.  The next several days I am not scheduled to work and should be able to enjoy cooking for at home.  And next time I have long work days I need to have food to take to work that might occasionally involve more frozen meals.

But yeah, I'm ready to start sliding down that downward slope.  I should do some Body-for-Life style cardio and weightlifting.  Instead of no exercise whatsoever.  Yesterday I walked across downtown to go to the museum and I was so tired - probably as much to do with lack of sleep as with physical depletion.

I did not feel the abdominal discomfort that I have been complaining about at the start of this diet, so maybe that's good.  I should do some body measurements.

No comments: