Thursday, May 4, 2023

May 3, First day

 I spent a lot of time last night after grocery shopping preparing my meals for the next three days, when I'll be at work all day.  Today I ate it all except I skipped the snack that was an apple and string cheese.  I logged to Lifesum 2370 calories which may seem like a lot and it was 51 calories over.  I had only had about an hour of sleep and was very tired.  Indeed, I nodded off at work while being asked to do nothing all day.  I found that I was very thirsty today and I drank a zero-calorie energy drink, a zero-calorie Propel, and a Diet Ginger Ale, but also a lot of water.  I am still feeling abdominal discomfort and felt some uneasiness and thought maybe I would cut way back on artificial sweeteners, in fact cut them out altogether for now (which will be hard for me I think) but I really welcomed the three bottles of water I drank in addition to the above.  Tonight I am drinking sleepytime tea with just a *little* honey.  I like honey in my tea, not so much because it is sweet but I like the flavor of honey and how it makes me feel.  It feels natural and good.  It also mellows out a tea.  But, after one day on this diet I am feeling like I *could* drink herbal tea without any honey at all.

I failed to get a start weight this morning.  Hopefully tomorrow! 

I am still concerned about this abdominal discomfort.  I'm starting to wonder if it even is an umbilical hernia at all.  It feels like large pockets of hard fat, outside of my abdominal muscles.  Perhaps it is this fat that has been pushed out instead of intestines.  Maybe all my discomfort is from an increasing amount of hard internal abdominal fat making my organs struggle to operate properly.  So I hope some fat starts flying off straight away!  I just read an article that said that if I lose a chunk of fat right now I can expect like 80% of it to be the hard fat.  So let's get to it!  I want to feel better within a week!

I refused some work for next week so I can focus on my diet and going to the gym, and also I am thinking about learning some of these programs others in the industry know, like QLab and SketchUp, etc, and also I want to enjoy this fine weather with hiking and gardening and sitting in the yard.  Also I have been dipping in to digital painting and I am terrible!  So that's a lot to ask for a short period of time off and I do need to keep money coming in but the summer is packed with incessant Broadways and I figure it's likely I won't get time off then.

I think I should set a goal and a reward.  When I hit 285, go shopping.

A note about 285 - that was my initial start weight in 2009, but that was as measured on my home scale.  On other scales like at the Doctor's office and the Y, I weighed more than at home.  I was probably more than 285.  But also probably more muscular than I am now, as I become a middle-aged, going-on-old woman.  So 285 will mean I weigh less than my start weight from back then.  I hate all my clothes right now and I don't know if that's boredom from being old and not being inspired by anything or just that nothing really makes me feel good about how I look.  So maybe I could find one new outfit to feel better and celebrate weight loss success.

No comments: