Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May 9, 318.7

 I'll take it!  Though it only represents about a 5 pound weight loss from my first weigh-in, at least it seems like I'm losing weight.  

Now, challenges in the near future include:

  • camping trips with dad
  • family reunion in June
  • want to drive to Key West
  • 3 weeks solid of Broadways
  • Mother's Day even!
  • be able to focus in the genie again
I need to follow up this piddling 5-pound weight loss with more to significantly buffer any possible weight regain and to make the little 5-pound weight loss into a 20-pound, nay 50-pound weight loss.

Lifesum shows that I have weighed in once some months ago at 315 pounds but I must not have stayed there too long.  So I have further to go before I have truly lost weight.  When will I be under 300 pounds?  280?  250?  235?  Lifesum doesn't tell me, anywhere I can see.  If it's 2 pounds per week, then 300 doesn't come until...

Yeesh.  I found a predicting calculator at Noom.  I can get conservatively down to 233 by next May.  Talk about commitment.  I need to start feeling it, but keeping this diet is awkward in a family situation and for special occasions.  I need a system because I don't do well flying blind.  Under 300 by July.  280 by August.  250 by next February.  I mean, prepare go at this a year and still be obese when it's all done!  But 100 pounds lighter would be brilliant, on my feet, on my joints, on my pace, on my waist, on my spine...

Oh, I filled out the next section and they think they'd get me down to 233 by March 22.  280 by my birthday.  250 by the new year.  I will 100% join Noom when/if my motivation on this ediets meal planning flags.

Oh I finished the questionnaire and they think they can get me to 233 by March 1 all of a sudden.  I played their little game.  By June 5th if I am at 302 that's a 5% loss and I'll be at LOWER RISK.  That'll be nice.  I'll make my doctor's appointments then...

And I've hit the paywall at Noom, unfortunately only being given prices for the 7-day trial, not for the regular access.

No comments: