Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Documentation of my foods for those who are interested in what I eat

Okay, last week I ventured away from the Summer Seasonal diet at ediets, but I didn't enjoy it. I just had a bad food week for the most part.

5 days out of last week I had eggs, toast, and blueberries (+ additional accoutrements). It was fine, it was a good breakfast. I would never have thought to put blueberries on eggs.

The grilled chicken cranberry salad had good ingredients but I thought they shouldn't have been put together in one bowl. Lettuce, grilled chicken, red wine vinegar, tomato, cucumber, and dried cranberries. Eh.

The crab quesadilla, I showed you a picture of. It was ok, not great.

An awesome snack was a 6 ounces of sugar-free pudding with chopped cherries mixed in. Wow, that was heaven! And I didn't ever even think about going back for more pudding. (I told you guys I had a pudding problem.)

The beef taco salad was actually good. I liked it.

The broccoli pizza was a good snack. Liked it.

The mexican layer dip, with the fat free cream cheese, was awful. Fat free cream cheese fails as a food substance.

The grilled steak with corn and potatoes was kind of a failure. I decided to just cook it all together in the frying pan. The steak got kind of tough and I don't know I should have been more into it, but I wasn't.

The grand prize for last week goes to the Tuscan tuna sub. That whole wheat hoagie roll was always welcomed by my appetite last week, and the tuna salad inside was more artichoke hearts than tuna but gawd it was delicious and I want to save the recipe for the days in the future when I have to make myself plan my own meals.

I'll have to share the recipe with you, too. Later, when I have it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for next week, well I'm back on the Glycemic Index Plan (Convenience Version) which is good because I am already stocked with most of the staples and I already know most of the meals and I already know I love the food. I had so little to buy at the grocery store I was sure I'd come in under $100. I guess, what with all the dairy products and the organic tomatoes, well, this week's groceries cost me $115. Money is getting to be a BIG DEAL for me as the summer continues on without much income, and I think about getting health insurance. I hope I don't deplete all my savings.

Today's meals:

Breakfast - Tomato, Cheese, and Avocado on 2 slices wheat bread with watermelon and milk

Snack 1 - Cottage Cheese with canteloupe and sliced almonds

Lunch - Tofu and Black Bean Salad (flavored with lime juice and cumin) with watermelon

Snack 2 - Egg and Tomato Salad with 4 Wheat Thins

Dinner - Frozen Dinner with yogurt and nuts.

I'm substituting watermelon for some of the fruits because I have this big watermelon taking up space in my fridge I have to get rid of, and it's really good. Some foods just weren't made for singles.

I went to the grocery store at 3:00 a.m. and didn't finish preparing my food for the day until 5:30 a.m. so I'm late getting to work today thanks to this stupid diet.

Well, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

No comments: