Saturday, July 18, 2009

July 18, 245

There's great news and bad news. The great news is that I did weigh 245 when I woke this morning. This means I've lost 40 pounds, 40 stinkin' pounds!, and achieved my mini-goal and it's time for new comparison pictures. Also, I'm back on track to reach goal of 220 by October 17!

The bad news is, I didn't eat Snack 2 or Dinner last night (opting to go online and zone out until I was too tired instead) and then overslept this morning and didn't have time to even grab a breakfast. So, I guess I'm not on a meal plan today. But I'm also not really prepared to make it a cheat day. First of all, I don't want to gain over 245 again, so I'd like to get a couple pounds below 245 before I risk gaining. Secondly, I haven't made specific plans for what I wanted to do on my cheat day, and I don't want to waste it on mindless scattered bingeing. In fact, I think I want to eat at a restaurant or two, and that would be a good opportunity for a social engagement.

I did have some moments of thinking "Oh, well, I'm off-plan today anyway, why not go ahead and get a foot-long with everything on it and two cookies like I used to?" And it's true there's been a lot of not eating going on today and yesterday and I am hungry.

I am thinking right now I will go get a 6" from Subway and I am wrestling with myself over getting 1 chocolate chip cookie, or oatmeal raisin, or peanut butter. Ooouuugughhhhhmmmm. See how I do? But even though I'm really hungry and like cookies, I'm not in the mood to pig out. In fact, I'm sort of too hungry to think about eating too much. I think 1 cookie would be fine, and then, maybe I can find something to do for a little snack, maybe a yogurt from Subway, to last me until dinner tonight, in about 6 or 7 hours.

Maybe later tonight I'll be able to go home and make a dinner from the meal plan.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

SO proud of you with your weight loss! 40 lbs is the size of a preschooler!!! Yahooo!!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations on reaching the 40 pound mark! That's quite an accomplishment!

jo said...

Congrats on the 40 pounds!!! That's fantastic.

Subway sounds good.

sara said...

40 is a wonderful, solid, and monumental number! congratulations. and michelle, for the record, in pre-school i weighed 70 lbs! explains a lot. have a great week!